Are you a fishing enthusiast looking for something for fishing? You will be glad to know that over the past time’s kayak have become common among the anglers for fishing.
Kayaks for fishing and other recreation activities this made many manufacturers come up with. They are stable to offer smooth movement, and most of them are equipped with a fishing rod.
The Old Town Kayak Dirigo 106 is popular for a very good reason. This kayak has been tested and tried over time, and the result is easy to paddle a kayak.
It is extremely enjoyable to use. Here in this guide, you will find a quick overview of the product – Old Town Kayak as a popular sports-vessel used for water activities.
It is the ultimate truth that we all love a cockpit with convenient features. This old town dirigo 106 for sale has several cockpit amenities including a paddle holder, cup holder and a Molded-in cockpit dashboard including a small hatch.
Moreover, the stability and efficiency are achieved by Stabil-form three-layer polyethylene construction of the cockpit at every single time you are out on the water.
We can never forget that old town dirigo 106 anglers as the best kayak for fishing. And that is why it is outfitted with fishing amenities that will make any angler enthusiast smile.
We have a hatch and a stern bulkhead which can be used to secure your personal belongings, and retractable carry handles for easy transportation, a deck bungee which can be utilized for extra storage, a spinning rod holder mounted on the deck, two flush-mounted rod holders and an anchor with a trolley system.
The item dimensions 128 x 27.8 x 14 inches. Camouflage in color of this product is 52 pounds of shipping weight and 44 pounds of original weight.
The size of this product is 10-Feet 6-Inch. It can support 300 pounds of weight. The Max Load Range 250 – 300 lbs.
- Easy to paddle
- Easy to transport
- Storage hatch is accessible
- Durable construction
- Cockpit is roomy
- Easy to enter and exit
- Cup holder and rod holder and convenient
- Foot peg location is not ideal
- Doesn’t track as well as narrower kayaks
The Prevailing Consensus
With its enhanced buoyancy effects and robust construction, the old town dirigo 106 kayak promises users the best leisure fishing experience ever.
Whether it’s paddling across a creek or moving upstream, it can handle all terrains with ease, and you will be pleased by the outstanding performance.
This boat is equipped with small fringes, and it is very steerable where big fish like to hide. So, that the fishermen are assured of enough catches which leave them all smiles.
Besides this helping you relax, kayaking is also good for overall body health. It will also help you to keep fit and improving the cardiovascular system.
Old Town Dirigo 120 Angler Kayak Vs. Dirigo 106 Review
The Old Town Dirigo 120 Angler Kayak
- You will find some differences from the Old Town Dirigo 106 Angler Kayak with The Dirigo 120 Angler of the recent model. The first difference is that the 120 model is little larger including 27.75 inches in width.
- The deck height is 14 inches. And the highest weight limit is 350 pounds. Bear in mind that if you weight more than 300 lbs, you might still have difficulty fitting conveniently within the kayak. And you might not be able to do it anyway.
- The Dirigo 120 is remarkably sturdy. It resists damage from rocks, weather damage, and other environmental factors. So, you would not have to worry as much about it breaking.
- This sturdy construction makes it a little bit heavy. If you are looking for rally light, then you are better off going with an inflatable kayak.
- The inflatable kayak offers a few benefits such as easier to transport, as being lighter and more easily patchable. However, a lot easier they do tend to get damaged.
The Old Town Dirigo 106 Kayak
- The Old Town Dirigo 106 Kayak also made up from a sturdy polyethylene material. It will resist damaged to an extent. The Dirigo 106 is a little smaller, and it measures 10 feet, 6 inches.
- The width is same as other models. The weight limit is a 250 to 300 pounds. It looks pretty natural with tan-brown color, especially when you take it out on the water. It is not as bright neon color so that you can see it as easily at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: what do you know about weight and measurements of this kayak?
A: This kayak has a10 feet 6 inches in length and 27.75 inches in width. The maximum weight capacity is about 250-300 lbs.
Q: is it a lightweight kayak and be worth purchasing?
A: The 44 lbs make it lightweight.
If you are looking for navigating hard to access waters so that you catch your favorite fish. Then the Old Town Dirigo 106 Kayak is the fishing kayak for you.
With its different benefits and numerous features, the convenient and comfortable Dirigo 106 is the suitable fishing companion for every occasion.
So forget the poorly located foot pegs. And the less than stellar tracking ability. The Dirigo Kayak is an angler kayak to own.
If you buy this product, please leave a comment below. Your notifications and follow up comments will help the consumers to buy it confidently.